World’s Best Beaches July
– There are many deservedly famous French beaches but the Cote d’Azur is overcrowded at this time. However the massive stretches of sand north of Biarritz on the west/Atlantic coast less so, such as Arcachon. Corsica beaches are marginally less busy, less costly and more sandy, more beautiful.
– There’s still a little space left in Spain but generally it’s overbuilt, overrun and overheated in July, though this is the best time for Spain’s Atlantic Coast tho’ the Atlantic waters are still chilly (choose a shallow water beach if you like warm-ish water!). From San Sebastian-Donostia to Santander and over to Galicia, the coast is scattered with spectacularly scenic beaches.
– Many excellent beaches in Portugal.
– Essaouira, Morocco. A tranquil seaside resort popular with independent travelers.
– Indonesia: Bali’s beaches range from big, busy and easy to reach but lacking in character (Kuta/Legian/Seminyak) to awesome surf and swimming beaches (such as Bingin and Padang Padang) and calm upscale resorts with outdoor dining (e.g Jimbaran, Bingin, Sanur and pricey resorts in Nusa Dua region), but getting around is a pain in Bali these days with seriously bad traffic so don’t plan on travelling much unless you’re traffic-jam-tolerant. Whatever, Bali beaches are probably the best in Asia in July.
– Madagascar: Ile Sainte Marie. An idyllic island resort fringed by peaceful beaches.
– Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort, a secluded, palm-fringed beach, or Kampung Juara for total serenity, Tioman Island.
– Long Beach, Kecil Island, Perhentian Islands. A popular destination for budget travelers.
– Redang Island, Redang archipelago, with a superb marine park, is excellent for scuba/snorkel addicts.
– Turtle Beach and Golden Beach, Similajau National Park, Sarawak. Well worth the hassle to get there for some of Malaysia’s finest beaches.
– The north-west shores above Perth are home to the amazing Ningaloo Reef and massive stretches of dazzling, people-free sand. North East Coast (Cairns & Great Barrier Reef islands) is hot all year (above 26C) but Jan-March gets some rain and cloud while December-January is crowded and super heated, so April-November is best for swimming.