Best beaches April according to climate data
Red Sea beach resorts around Egypt‘s coast and Israel‘s unattractive Eilat are low-cost holiday destinations with plenty of sun, luscious coral growth, warm seas and day trips to Luxor for a spot of ancient site-seeing.
The air temperature in this region is about 27°C in April (23°C at night) and water temperature is 22°C with low humidity and almost no chance of rain.
– Seychelles: Pricey but dazzling island resorts including some of the world’s most photographed beaches.
– The Maldives Islands: Endless spectacular silky sand beaches on coral atolls with equally spectacular resorts and astronomical prices. Most visitors come on packages, staying at one of the 90 otherwise uninhabited resort islands. Resorts are well set up with beautiful beaches and clear azure seas, great for snorkeling and diving. There are no cultural experience at all, just luxury and escapism with no hassle. Photos.
Dominican Republic smashes the opposition to take number one in the value chart – big, beautiful and activities galore, with culture rich Jamaica wailing in at two and, let’s hear it for American culture with a twist, Puerto Rico at three, direct flights and no passports required for US citizens; same for US Virgin Islands.
Fine beaches on both Pacific side such as Cabo San Lucas and Caribbean coasts such as Cancun, should be getting highs of around 82F (28C) and lows of 66F (19C) in April, with occasional showers and some late Spring Break US college madness during early April, particularly Cabos, Cancun and maybe Acapulco so steer clear of these destinations if fit, drunk, licentious, semi-naked teenagers are of no interest.
– Datai Beach, Langkawi Island. One of the world’s most secluded, picture-perfect hideaways and among the best beaches April.
– Pantai Teluk Belanga (Emerald Bay), Pangkor Laut. A luxury resort on the brilliant crescent bay of a tiny private island.
– Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort, a secluded, palm-fringed beach, or Kampung Juarafor total serenity. Both on Tioman Island.
– Long Beach, Kecil Island, Perhentian Islands. A popular destination for budget travelers.
– Puraran Beach, Catanduanes Island, one of the Philippines’ major surf venues with with white sand that demands a hug.
– Redang Island, Redang archipelago, with a superb marine park, is excellent for scuba/snorkel addicts.
– Turtle Beach and Golden Beach, Similajau National Park, Sarawak. Well worth the hassle to get there for some of Malaysia’s finest beaches.
– Honda Bay, Palawan, Philippines. An area of outstanding natural beauty.
– Malapascua Island, Cebu. Relatively unknown but highly rated as one of the world’s best beach/dives.
– Bantayan Island, Cebu. A low-key, laid-back resort with friendly locals.
– Muelle Bay, Puerto Galera, Mindoro Island. An ideal place to go island-hopping on to pristine beaches.
– Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol. A picturesque beach near the famous Chocolate Hills landscape.
– White Beach, Boracay Island. Our honeymoon choice for best beaches April! Exceptionally white, soft sand that never gets hot, a long palm fringe and with a huge variety of small, friendly accommodations.
See also Pacific Beach Pictures
– USA: Fine sands and warm waters in California and Hawaii (though it is better to avoid ‘Golden Week’ between the last week of April and the first week of May as Japanese spring holiday makers invade Hawaii, especially Waikiki, so it is likely to be packed and pricy.
– Rock Islands, Palau, known for their curious and beautiful coral rock formations and great beaches.
– Spain‘s Balearic Islands – especially Majorca, Minorca and Ibiza – have been one of Europe’s most popular beach holiday destinations for years and start cranking up the action in April; they’re inexpensive, see plenty of sun and host some of the Europe’s best beaches as well as superb hiking trails and nightlife.
April is just after the best season for both east and west coast beaches (except for Koh Samui which has a micro-climate that should be OK in April), though it gets hotter, stickier towards rainy season; it’s a long way to go for most of us but once you’re there it’s magic – apart from some degree of sleaze. . . low prices, lovely people, fascinating culture, exquisite food and of course magnificent stretches of sand to suit all tastes from Phuket to Pattaya and Phi Phi; see Thai beaches map and beach pictures.
NOT the best beaches April!
– Kenya: Diani or Serena beaches are good for families and great value for money, but not from April to June, a long rainy season.
South Pacific such as the Cook Islands, Fiji and Samoas are still in a rainy season, try next month.