Some of Alaska’s attractions
• The White Pass and Yukon Route railroad, a spectacular vintage tourist train ride (from Skagway).
• The fantastic variety of panoramic views from both the Seward Highway and the Alaska Railroad as they stagger across the Chugach Mountains.
• Taking eye-boggling hikes and bike rides among pristine white peaks as far as the eye can see. Glacier walks too.
• Boat/ship cruising or even better kayaking near one of Alaska’s awesome glaciers.
• Seeing the swirling magic of Northern Lights/Aurora colours (mainly in winter; Fairbanks Sept-April is good).
• Watching bears fishing for salmon and humpback whales leaping or bubble-net-fishing (blowing large amounts of bubbles to confuse fish). Humans fishing seem to be content too.
• Seeing genuine native Ketchikan totem poles in the Tlingit homeland.