Hiking in Goreme National Park.
– Take an early morning balloon ride. It’ll be pricey, cold and noisy (not what you might expect, but hot air comes at a price! ) but the views are incredible. This was probably the bugcrew’s best ever balloon trip.
– take a tour around or even better hire some wheels (we really enjoyed scooters hired in Goreme but cycles would suit fit folk), get a picnic bag organised and cruise around randomly. A rare and tranquil pleasure replete with fantasy views.
– walk/hike in beautiful Goreme National Park, Pasabag, Ihlara Valley and canyon, Pigeon Valley.
– Visit the Open Air Museum to see little old rock-cut churches decorated with lively, colourful religious frescos.
– Take a horse riding tour from Akhal-Teke Horse Riding Center.
– Visit Uchisar Castle, a tall rock outcrop riddled with tunnels and windows visible far and wide.
– Take a tour into an underground city such as the biggest, Derinkuyu, or Kaymakli, unless you are claustrophobic or reluctant to spend a valuable day travelling in a minibus in order to stoop through an endless series of dull and featureless tunnels. OK, to be honest, that is a time and money waster, don’t bother!