• it’s free!
• three 13th century rose windows but especially the north window with its original 13thC stained glass.
• a 14th century statue of the Virgin and Child known as Notre-Dame de Paris, Our Lady of Paris.
• the 7, 800-pipe organ.
• the delicate but powerful flying buttress supports seen from the outside east end.
• scarey gargoyles crouching on the Galerie des Chimeres which require a climb up 387 steps to the top for a close examination (pay to enter).
• you get a breath-taking city view from the same high place, much better than the vaunted Sacré Coeur view.
• it’s near a couple of other must-see tourist attractions, Sainte-Chapelle and the Conciergerie.
Another view of the Old Lady from the Left Bank, Latin Quarter.