The entirely intact Lucca town wall, Tuscany, Italy.
• The stupendously complex and ornate facade of the church of San Michele in Foro
• The interiors of various churches but especially the Duomo
• The odd circle of ancient apartments of Piazza Anfiteatro
• The 44m (130ft) high 15thC tower of Guinigi with a holm oak growing off its roof
• And of course the magnificent town wall that makes an excellent shaded, circular promenade.
Piazza Anfiteatro, a circle of medieval apartments built onto the foundations of a Roman amphitheatre in Lucca town.
The Torre (Tower) Guinigi in central Lucca, with its ancient oak tree roots growing down into the room below.
In the shade of the old oak tree. . . The toppermost floor of Torre Guinigi, the strange and wonderful Luccan tower.
Bike rentals in Lucca cost about €2. 50 per hour or €12. 50 per day and the place is perfect for cycling, just remember to get a bike lock from the shop dude when you take the bike.