Black timber and leaded glass windows of traditional Tudor construction in Eastgate Street, Chester travel. Photo by Rept0n1x
Chester main attractions
Eastgate Clock in central Chester. Photo by Benkid77.
• a grand Norman cathedral.
• excavations of a Roman Amphitheatre.
• Chester Castle and its Military Museum
• Grosvenor Museum of Roman artifacts.
• Chester zoo, Britain’s biggest with 7, 000 animals
• the county, Cheshire, also offers some magnificent stately homes, castles, Iron Age hill forts and some unusual museums such as the Anson Engine Museum and the Salt Museum.
More of the Tudor theme in Grosvenor Park Lodge. Photo by Green Lane.