One of the all time great Philippine beaches, White Beach on Boracay Island.
A bit overused and undercared-for in places these days, but the water’s still calm and warm, the sand still superfine and ultracool and the prices still low.
– Muelle Bay, Puerto Galera, Mindoro Island. An ideal place to do island-hopping on to pristine beaches.
– Puraran Beach, Catanduanes Island, one of the Philippines’ major surf venues with appealing white sand.
– *Honda Bay, Palawan, Philippines. An area of outstanding natural beauty.
– *Malapascua Island, Cebu. Relatively unknown but highly rated on the world’s best beach/dive.
– *Bantayan Island, Cebu. A low-key, laid-back resort with friendly locals.
– *Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol. A picturesque beach near the famous landscape Chocolate Hills.
– *White Beach, Boracay Island. The sand is exceptionally white, soft and never gets hot, with a huge variety of small, friendly accommodation.