Paris Photos, France
What to Do and See
Take a walk in the Jardin des Tuileries, next to the Louvre Museum. Nude by Aristide Maillol.
See pictures of Weird Paris
Guide | France Pictures | France Map | Paris Map
These large and varied pictures of Paris feature what are generally thought to be the city's top attractions but placed in our preferred order. We also offer some compact and useful information about Paris and links to a guide.
Click on photos or links to see pages of large pictures with compact information.
See our Paris Map for the location of the top ten sights listed below.
1. Louvre Museum, one of the world's three best museums.
To avoid lining up for ages for almost all Paris attractions, tourists need to do just two things:
a) buy a Museum Pass online, at a tourist office or at some museum that has short lines such as Ste-Chapelle, between the Louvre and Notre Dame.
b) arrive as close as possible to opening time, usually at 9am.
2. Notre Dame Cathedral, magnificent interior sights and exterior views.
September, October, with average highs of 15C-25C (59F-77F) and lows of 7C-14C (44F-57F) but rapidly changeable conditions.
Christmas is luminous with romance and decorative lights and January hot for bargains in the sales. More.
3. Sainte-Chapelle downstairs. Upstairs is like entering a kaleidoscope!
4. Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe. Avenue des Champs Elysées is the central boulevard in the photo.
Twelve busy roads converge around the Arc without any form of control! It's madness, but it works. Only in France!
5. Eiffel Tower
Pictures of the remaining top ten Paris attractions:
6. Hôtel des Invalides 7. The Panthéon 8. Centre Georges Pompidou 9. Orsay Museum 10. Sacré Coeur
More worthwhile sights and sites in Paris:
1. Weird stuff 2. Quai Branly Museum 3. Tuileries Gardens 4. Luxembourg Gardens and Latin Quarter 5. Rodin Museum 6. Alexandre III bridge + Seine River 7. Ile St Louis + Pere Lachaise Cemetery 8. Marais Quarter
Guide | France Pictures | France Map | Europe