Australia (South-East Coast)
- Bondi or Manly,
near Sydney for convenience, style and surf.
- Byron Bay, between Sydney and Brisbane, for an 'alternative'
- North Stradbroke Island, near Brisbane,
for wildlife walks, quiet beaches and good surf.
- Noosa Heads, Sunshine Coast, great, soft
sand, parks and surf.
- Fraser Island's Lake
McKenzie; clear freshwater embraced by rainforest and the purest white sand.
- Whitehaven, Whitsunday Islands, 6km of powder sand and turquoise
water. Considered to be Australia's best beach by some but not by Bugbog
- too far out mate! And what about the jellies?
See also Great
Barrier Reef | South & West Coasts
- India: Goa beaches. A tourist magnet but still fun. The least crowded stretches are north of the Chapora River.
beaches: Less exclusive and and way less costly than Seychelles but a fun island and perfect for families.
- Seychelles: Anse Lazio, Praslin island, Anse Source d'Argent, La Digue Island,
Ile Souris, east coast of Mahé island. Costly but stunning
islands hosting some of the world's best
- Ngapali Beach, Chaung Tha Beach beach, Ngwe Saung Beach, Myanmar.
Very little developed, very reasonable prices, very nice locals,
very unpleasant military junta.
- Oman: Muscat beaches (Arabian Sea). Over 1,000 miles of coastline with
endless unspoilt sand and very few tourists.
- South Africa's eastern shores are washed by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean and offer bargain basement but lively city beaches such as Durban and totally tranquil, natural beaches like Nature's Valley. November is early summer and neither too busy nor too hot.
- Madagascar: Ile Sainte Marie. An idyllic island resort fringed by peaceful beaches.s
Thailand beaches or see
Thailand Beach Pictures,
Beaches should be just ok in November on Thai's Andaman/west side, but weather patterns
Lak, north of Phuket, a fabulous beach area just about recovered from the tsunami.
Thon, NW Phuket. Bugbog's Phuket choice.
Harn, SW Phuket. Up market.
Phi Phi, but NOT near noisy, busy Ton Sai bay.
Railay, the Krabi Coast, but noisy longtail boats.
- Khlong Dao and Phra-Ae, Ko
Lanta, near Krabi.
- Ko Tarutao National Marine Park, Ko Tarutao. A natural beauty.
- Hat Farang, Ko Mook. Calm and popular with budget travelers.
Myanmar (aka Burma)
Beaches along the Bay
of Bengal such as Ngapali Beach, Chaung Tha Beach and Ngwe Saung along the Bay
- USA: the Florida Keys offer the best guarantee of heat and sunshine with smaller beaches.
- Canary Islands (Spain), a grand variety of beaches on offer from action-packed, to big and placid, to secluded and natural.
- South Africa, Camps Bay, with stunning views and easy access from
beautiful Capetown, but chilly water.
- Brazil is blessed with many massive, fine beaches, such as Rio's magnificent Copacabana - perhaps the world's best city beach, and life is lively and low cost though the seas are usually rough and cold.
Egypt's famous Sharm el Sheikh, Hurghada and Dahab as well as Israel's rather shabby Eilat now have a lot of competition so prices are low, sun is high, coral is lush and lively, the sea's warm in November and side trips to superb sites like Luxor are a mass-tourism delight. Ahem.
The Red Sea's air temperature is generally about 26°C in November (21°C at night) and water temperature is a warm 25°C with very low humidity and almost no chance of rain.
The Caribbean storm/hurricane season is still officially underway but, if you're mad keen on a Caribean holiday, down in the south the Dutch islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao are outside the hurricane belt and deals should be good! Budget Caribbean islands