The best beaches to go in March according to climate statistics
This is the best season for beaches on both Thailand's coasts. Who can refuse low prices, lovely people, fascinating culture, exquisite food and of course magnificent sand to suit all budgets from Phuket to Pattaya and Phi Phi; see Thai beaches map and beach pictures.
Egypt's Red Sea beach resorts as well as Israel's unattractive Eilat are low-cost holiday destinations with plenty of sun, luscious coral growth, warm seas and day trips to Luxor for a spot of ancient site-seeing.
The Red Sea's air temperature is generally about 23°C in March (19°C at night) and water temperature is 21°C with low humidity and little chance of rain.
- India: Goa beaches. A tourist magnet but still fun. The least crowded stretches are north of the Chapora River.
- Kenya: Diani or Serena beaches are good for families and great value
- Maldives Islands: A chain of superb silky sand beaches on coral islands serviced by equally spectacular resorts and astronomical prices.
Most visitors come on all-inclusive packages. Resorts are well set up with perfect
beaches and clear azure seas, great for snorkeling and diving. There
are no cultural experience, just luxury and escapism. Photos.
- Myanmar: Ngapali Beach, Chaung Tha Beach beach, Ngwe
Little developed, reasonable prices, nice cabins, very nice locals,
very vile military junta.
-Oman: Muscat beaches (Arabian Sea). Over 1,000 miles of coastline
with endless unspoilt nature and very few tourists.
- The north & east coast of Zanzibar. Perfect for relaxing
after wildlife safaris.
- Unawatuna, Sri Lanka. An ideal destination for a beach and culture holiday.
Fine beaches on both Pacific side such as Cabo San Lucas and Caribbean coasts such as Cancun, should be getting highs of around 82F (28C) and lows of 66F (19C) in March, with occasional showers. However, Mexican beaches will experience the joys of Spring Break US college vacation madness during this month, particularly Cabos, Cancun and maybe Acapulco so steer clear of these destinations if fit, drunk, semi-naked teenagers are of no interest.
Perfect in March, but it's still high season so check our Best Budget Islands.
The Dominican Republic is number one for good deals, mostly all-inclusive and lots of activities; Jamaica at number two has a culture-rich environment.
For US citizens Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands mean direct flights and no passports needed, plenty of American cuisine and fantastic beaches!
Yacht sailors enjoy line-of-sight navigation inof the British Virgin Islands or the Grenadines, with the Spanish Virgin Islands (around Puerto Rico) a close third.
- Bondi or Manly,
for convenience, style and surf.
- Byron Bay, between Sydney and Brisbane, for a neo-hippie 'alternative'
- North Stradbroke Island, near Brisbane,
for wildlife walks, quiet beaches and good surf.
- Noosa Heads, Sunshine Coast, a tranquil, dispersed town with great, soft
beaches, parks and surf.
- Fraser Island's Lake
McKenzie; clear freshwater surrounded
by rainforest and the purest white sand.
- Datai Beach, Langkawi Island. One of the world's most secluded
and picture-perfect hideaways.
- Pantai Teluk Belanga (Emerald Bay), Pangkor Laut. A luxury resort
on the brilliant crescent bay of a tiny private island.
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort, a secluded, palm-fringed beach, or
Kampung Juara for
total serenity. Both on Tioman Island.
- Long Beach, Kecil Island, Perhentian Islands. A popular destination
for budget travelers.
- Puraran Beach, Catanduanes Island, one of the Philippines' major
surf venues with with white sand that demands a hug.
- Redang Island, Redang archipelago, with a superb marine park,
is excellent for scuba/snorkel addicts.
- Turtle Beach and Golden Beach, Similajau National Park, Sarawak.
Well worth the hassle to get there for some of Malaysia's finest
- Honda Bay, Palawan, Philippines. An area of outstanding natural
- Malapascua Island, Cebu. Relatively unknown but highly rated as
one of the world's best beach/dives.
- Bantayan Island, Cebu. A low-key, laid-back resort with friendly
- Muelle Bay, Puerto Galera, Mindoro Island. An ideal place to go
island-hopping on to pristine beaches.
- Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol. A picturesque beach near the
famous Chocolate Hills landscape.
- White Beach, Boracay Island. Exceptionally white, soft sand that
never gets hot, a long palm fringe and with a huge variety of small,
Ne Beach, Mui Ne, near Phan Thiet. An upcoming resort area known
for its spectacular sand dunes.
- Hon Chong Beach, Ha Tien; a seductive beach near the Cambodian
- Bai Tam (Long Beach), Phu Quoc Island. A secret jewel of Southeast
- USA: the state of Florida is southerly enough to be warm by April, but keep on going south to the Florida Keys for smaller beaches but more heat.
- Canary Islands (Spain), a grand variety of beaches on offer from action-packed, to big and placid, to secluded and natural.
- South Africa, Camps Bay, with stunning views and easy access from
beautiful Capetown, but chilly water.
- Brazil is blessed with many massive, fine beaches, such as Rio's magnificent Copacabana- perhaps the world's best city beach- though the seas are usually rough and cold. (December-February
is Brazil's summer holiday season so a busy time and extremely hot, 40C+).
- Rock Islands, Palau, known for their curious and beautiful coral
rock formations and great beaches, but the most of south Pacific islands are in the wet season.
Beaches that are not a good idea in March
Ile Sainte Marie. An idyllic island resort fringed by peaceful beaches, though the cyclone season is from February to March.
such as the Cook Islands, Fiji and Samoas are still in a wet patch.