Florida and especially down south in Miami or the Florida Keys it should be very warm and sunny in February, with highs generally around 77F (25C) and lows around 63F (17C), so very comfortable. However, sea waters will still be chilly for swimming and some rain may fall.
Southern California also runs to very warm day time temperatures with occasional rain showers during February. Long Beach averages highs of 66F (19C) in February.
Beaches services and facilities may be limited and seaweed evident, depending on the area.
– The Canary Islands, enjoy a climate of perpetual summer with sunshine as standard and temperatures between 18C (64F) and the upper 30Cs; there are beaches of all types available, activities, nudist, family, surfing, wild town sand, back-to-nature coves.
The southern sections of islands tend to be the warmest and Fuerteventura and Lanzarote the sunniest. La Palma is the wettest island. Water temperatures are not very high, ranging from 18C in winter to 22º C in summer.
– South Africa, Camps Bay, with stunning views and easy access from lovely, low-cost Capetown but cold water.
– Datai Beach, Langkawi Island. One of the world’s most secluded and picture-perfect hideaways.
– Pantai Teluk Belanga (Emerald Bay), Pangkor Laut. A luxury resort on a perfect crescent bay of a tiny private island.
The peninsula region of Cancun with Boulevard Kukulkan’s strip clearly visible on the right. Heading right (east) goes to the downtown area on the mainland while straight down the strip and then right at the far end gets to the airport
Fine beaches on both Pacific side such as Cabo San Lucas and Caribbean coasts such as Cancun, should be getting highs of around 82F (28C) and lows of 66F (19C) with occasional showers. Mexico is not too busy in February and the Yucatan peninsula is scattered with magnificent ancient sites a day trip from Maya Riviera beaches, such as Chichen Itza and Uxmal, great snorkelling and diving, fantastic food, exotic drinks and all at bargain prices.
Beaches along the Bay of Bengal such as Ngapali Beach, Chaung Tha Beach and Ngwe Sau.
Visitors arriving by ferryboat from Palawan on White Beach, Boracay island, Philippines. Photo by choi2451
Philippines is a very good value destination populated by lovely people (apart from certain individuals in government) and offering some magnificent tropical beaches tho’ not often easy to get to. For example White Beach on Boracay Island is coated with exceptionally white, soft sand that never gets hot, fringed by palm trees and a large number of small, friendly hotels/bars/restaurants. But you have to fly to the nearby island of Palawan and catch a banca or small ferry boat to get there, which may involve jumping off into shallow-ish water off White Beach.
– Honda Bay, Palawan, Philippines. An area of outstanding natural beauty.
– Malapascua Island, Cebu. Relatively unknown but highly rated on the world’s best beach/dive.
– Muelle Bay, Puerto Galera, Mindoro Island. An ideal place to do island-hopping on to pristine beaches.
– Mui Ne, near Phan Thiet, is a resort area known for its spectacular sand dunes and low prices.
– Hon Chong Beach, Ha Tien; a seductive beach near the Cambodian border.
– Bai Tam (Long Beach), Phu Quoc Island. The secret jewel of Southeast Asia.
– Palau, the Rock Islands known for their coral rock formations, colourful underwater life and stunning beaches. It is a great destination for snorkelling and diving.
Beaches that are not a good idea in February
The worst time for much of the Pacific but there are bright spots. e. g. SE Australia, Mexico and California (see above); the Rock Islands, Palau are good in December but south Pacific such as the Cook Islands, Fiji and Samoas are going through a wet patch. Check Pacific beaches for more information.
Bali’s best beaches range from big, busy and easy to reach but lacking in character (Kuta/Legian/Seminyak) to awesome surf and swimming beaches with character (such as Bingin and Padang Padang) and calm upscale resorts with outdoor dining, but not from December to February due to rain.
No chance! The weather’s cold, beach services are non-existant – even in southern Spain or Greece – and the sea is colder.
Ile Sainte Marie. An idyllic island resort fringed by peaceful beaches, though the cyclone season is from February to March.